4 out of 5 travelers to the UK from an amber location stuck in quarantine rules: Survey


According to the survey, four in five arrivals from locations on the amber list adhered to the July coronavirus quarantine requirements.

Approximately 83% of respondents to the Office for National Statistics (ONS) survey of 848 adults arriving in the United Kingdom from an amber country or region between July 12 and 17 said they were self-reliant. Stated.

They had to be quarantined for 10 days unless they were exempted for work or participated in the Test to Release scheme.

Nine out of ten respondents said they had undergone both the required day 2 and day 8 coronavirus testing.

Overall, 77% claimed they were “fully in full compliance” with both quarantine and coronavirus inspection obligations, down from 82% last month.

Travelers were considered to meet the self-quarantine requirements only if they reported that they did not leave the property. However, this does not apply if you are undergoing an examination, returning, receiving emergency treatment, or visiting a hospital. Personal care.

About three in five (59%) of respondents said they fully understood the rules enforced during the quarantine, and the remaining 41% misunderstood or were uncertain about them. bottom.

After July 19, people arriving in the United Kingdom from countries and regions of the amber tier do not need to enter quarantine if they are fully vaccinated.

Neil Lancefield

PA

Posted on