The Florida Department of Health announced 6,323 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Saturday.
Other things you need to know:
▪ ▪ On Saturday, the state announced the deaths of 74 new residents, but not the deaths of new non-residents.
▪ ▪ Florida reported the results of 92,206 residents tested on Friday. The state positive rate increased from 6.83% to 6.88%. The 14-day positive rate was 7.14%.
▪ ▪ The state has recorded a total of 2,162,067 cases of coronavirus and 35,074 deaths. Of the deaths, 34,404 were resident and 670 were non-resident.
▪ ▪ More than 5 million Floridians have completed a double-dose series of Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna, or a single-dose vaccine of Johnson & Johnson, according to a report on Saturday. Vaccine report..
▪ ▪ Miami Dade County 1,444 new cases were reported. The county added 14 deaths, bringing the total pandemic to 468,908 cases and 6,043 deaths.
In Miami-Dade, 388,967 people received their first dose of Pfizer or Moderna, and 668,502 received a single dose of Johnson & Johnson or completed a two-dose series of Pfizer or Moderna.
The positive rate increased from 6.71% to 7%.Friday’s 14-day average was 7.27% Miami Dade New Normal report.
▪ ▪ Broward County We reported 748 new cases and 7 new deaths — a total of 227,738 cases and 2,769 deaths in the pandemic.
At Broward, 278,004 received the first dose of Pfizer or Moderna and 446,964 received the Johnson & Johnson single dose vaccine or completed the Pfizer or Moderna double dose series.
The positive rate decreased from 7.12% to 6.97%.
▪ ▪ Palm Beach County 413 new cases and 2 new deaths were reported, with a cumulative total of 138,476 cases and 2,717 deaths.
At Palm Beach, 211,400 received a first dose of Pfizer or Moderna and 370,744 received a single dose of Johnson & Johnson or completed a double dose series of Pfizer or Moderna.
The positive rate decreased from 6.12% to 5.98%.
▪ ▪ Monroe County We added 20 new cases and there were no deaths. A total of 6,731 key pandemics have killed 50 people.
In Monroe, 11,630 received the first dose of Pfizer or Moderna and 19,260 received the Johnson & Johnson single dose vaccine or completed the Pfizer or Moderna double dose series.
Positive rate increased from 5.1% to 6.54%
FLORIDA COVID-19 hospitalized
Florida Department of Health Patients hospitalized throughout the state In “Primary diagnosis of COVID”. Data updated at least hourly do not distinguish between the number of COVID-19 patients in the hospital intensive care unit and the number of patients in the acute care unit that require less attention from nurses. ..
Government officials will take advantage of their current hospitalization to determine the next steps to fight the pandemic.
As of 2:30 pm on Saturday, officials said 3,253 people had been hospitalized. Of these, there were 583 in Miami-Dade. Broward, 495; Palm Beach, 203; said Monroe, 5, the agency.