A Louisiana man who killed his wife was released by a Nevada sister

Baton Rouge, Louisiana (AP) — Man Get caught up in a video killing a estranged wife The Louisiana Parole Commission has decided that he may leave prison early to live with his sister in Las Vegas.

The board unanimously resolved on Wednesday to release Anthony Knox, 59, from Reidsville, but he denied the sergeant’s murder. Angela Knox, 32, said in 1997 she was forced to plead guilty to manslaughter. American Press reported..

Knox has served 24 and a half years in prison for 40 years. Police said when he was arrested, her security cameras showed that he slammed her on the ground and then stood on her and shot her head and her chest in close proximity. ..

He must continue to take psychiatric medications and meet with Nevada mental health professionals on a regular basis, the board said. All three members said they approved the early release of Knox. This is largely due to psychiatric experts testifying that Knox recently requested a change from daily tablets to bimonthly injections.

After his arrest, Knox was admitted to a state psychiatric hospital for a defendant who was found to be mentally unfit for trial and was later diagnosed with schizophrenia. He turned out to be competent in 2001 and was found guilty of manslaughter in 2005.

Knox said he had no schizophrenia and was only diagnosed with delusions.

“I was abused and forced into a judicial transaction under false accusation,” he said.

“In fact, I haven’t been guilty of a crime,” he told the Parole Commission. He said he existed, but didn’t know what had happened. According to the newspaper, no one mentions security footage.

Mental health experts testified that Knox believes he will do his best in a group home in Louisiana, but Knox’s sister said she can take care of him.

Director Tony Malabella took the medicine as prescribed by Knox and asked if he would hear a mental health expert diagnose and treat him, and Knox replied that he would.

According to reports of the arrest, Knox received a divorce notice and detention order on July 30, 1997, and two days later went to Wal-Mart in Reidsville, waiting to get in the car. At 55:00, Knox came from behind her and hit her in the face of her pistol, officials said.

Vernon’s parole lawyer, Terry Rambright, wrote to the Parole Commission in January, strongly opposed Knox’s request for release.

“Our state should not release an individual who intentionally kills another person, except in very exceptional cases. This is no exception. Anthony Knox is sentenced to his imprisonment. I should have stayed in jail for this, “Lambright told the newspaper Wednesday.