A second man charged with harassment by the Chief Medical Officer of the United Kingdom



The Metropolitan Police said Tuesday that a second man was indicted after British chief medical officer Chris Whitty was harassed on June 27.

According to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, 24-year-old Jonathan Chu, whose address has not been determined, was charged with general assault and police obstruction on Monday.

Chu will appear in the Magistrates’ Court in Westminster on Tuesday.

Video Starting June 27, Chu and his friend Lewis Hughes have been ridiculed at St. James’s Park in London, which is available online, for grabbing Whitty, who appears to be struggling to free himself. Shows.

When they saw Whitti, the two men were in a nearby anti-blocking protest.

Hughes, 23, was charged with general assault on Thursday night and will appear in the Magistrates’ Court in Westminster on July 30.

Hughes then apologized for his actions, saying he had a drink before the incident, and just wanted to take a selfie with the chief medical officer and show it to his mother.

“It wasn’t malicious. I didn’t want to upset him,” Hughes said. Sun Thursday newspaper.

A former realtor said he had never been in trouble and lost his job after the video spread by word of mouth, causing widespread criticism, including the prime minister, who called the two men “thugs.” It was.

Hughes said he felt “disappointed” that Prime Minister Boris Johnson called him a thug.

Chu, who suffers from autism and ADHD, told the newspaper that he didn’t think they had done anything wrong.

“We just saw him and thought it was a TV guy. He was on our screen every day for last year and he’s famous,” Chu told Sun, they took a selfie. I said I just wanted it.

Whitty appeared regularly with Johnson early in the CCP (Chinese Communist Party) virus pandemic, when he gave a television briefing and field questions about the scientific advice behind the British government’s pandemic response. , Has become a common name.

Whitty’s allegedly harassed footage has appeared on social media for the third time and has been asked if he needs to be assigned personal protection.

The Metropolitan Museum of Art said investigations into the case were ongoing.

Simon Veazey contributed to this report.

Posted on