Anchorage man tortured a man before being put in a kennel for 50 years in prison


August 13-According to the US Federal Attorney’s Office, a man in Ancollage was sentenced to 50 years from Wednesday for kidnapping and drug trafficking related to crimes in 2017. District of Alaska.

Macauther Christmas Vaifanua, 32, is one of five indicted in a federal proceeding. Macauther Vaifanua was convicted of kidnapping and drug trafficking and was dismissed for wielding a firearm during a drug trafficking crime. He is still guilty of attempted murder, kidnapping, robbery and assault in the Anchorage Superior Court.

Also charged were 31-year-old Faamanu Vaifanua, 33-year-old Jeffrey Ahvan, 28-year-old Rex Faumui, and 25-year-old Tamole Lauina. Vaifanuas, Faumui, and Ahvan are awaiting hearing of relevant charges in state court.

A judicial transaction signed by Macauther Vaifuanua said that both Macauther and his brother Faamanu Vaifuanua sold heroin between 2015 and 2017.

Macauther Vaifanua agreed that he believed that one of the men who sold heroin had robbed his home. He asked his brother to help police beat a man who was identified as Absir Mohammed at the time, and agreed that he had arrived to buy drugs on August 13, 2017.

After the drug trade was completed, Vaifanuas, Avan and Faumui led him to the garage, where he threatened with a gun. For the next hour, they detained him, gagged him, hit him with a baseball bat and broomstick, kicked his head and trampled, the judicial trade said. Then they put him in a wiredog kennel, the agreement said.

Macauther Vaifanua told a man in a nearby pickup truck to return to the garage door, who loaded the kennel onto the truck. Macauther Vaifanua spotted the driver with a gun and told him to leave, the agreement said.

The driver took Mohammed to the hospital.

“He was in a coma when he arrived and suffered from brain bleeding and injury, skull and face fractures, multiple fractures, and prolonged physical and mental disability,” the agreement said.

Macauther Vaifanua is the first person in the group to receive a federal crime decision, but court records show that plea bargains have been filed against the other three defendants. The Alaska Federal Attorney’s Office said in a statement Thursday that everyone was in custody.