Brazilian Pele released from hospital after tumor treatment


Sao Paulo — The great Brazilian footballer Pele was discharged Thursday after receiving two days of cancer treatment, said the Sao Paulo Clinic, which treated him.

Pele, who had her colon tumor removed last year, has been receiving chemotherapy for several months since then.

Albert Einstein Hospital in São Paulo said an 81-year-old patient was hospitalized on Wednesday and “has been discharged on Thursday and is in clinically stable condition.”

ESPN, a sports television network, has previously diagnosed former Santos and New York cosmos players with the onset of intestinal, liver, and lung tumors and undergoes new tests to find other potential cancer spots. Said.

The hospital only mentioned his treatment for “colon tumors”. Pele’s Business Manager did not review or reject the ESPN report.

The three-time World Cup winner had surgery to remove a colon tumor in September 2021 and was treated for nearly a month.

He was re-admitted for a chemotherapy session last month and was discharged on December 23.

Widely regarded as one of the greatest soccer players of all time, Pele has been suffering from a series of health problems such as hip surgery in recent years, suffering from repeated pain and struggling to walk without assistance. ..

He has reduced his appearance in public, but continues to work on social media.

Shortly after the hospital issued a statement, Pele posted a tribute to Elza Soares https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/brazilian-samba-singer-elza-soares-dead-91-2022-01 -20, a Brazilian singer who died early on Thursday.

Soares married Garrincha, a former teammate of Pele, who played with him when Brazil won the World Cup in 1958 and 1962.

Pele also won the 1970 World Cup and won countless trophies at Clubside Santos and the New York Cosmos.

Gabriel Araujo and Andrew Downey

Reuters

follow