Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro leaves hospital and says he will return to work on Monday



Brasilia — Brazilian President Jail Bolsonaro left São Paulo Hospital on Sunday and was being treated for complications after suffering a nearly fatal sting in 2018. He said he would return to his desk in Brasilia on Monday.

“I’ll be back to the president tomorrow,” Bolsonaro told the media when he left Vila Nova Star Hospital, which had been running since Wednesday.

“I had to go on a diet, I did what I had to do … I wanted to leave from day one, but they didn’t forgive me. Within 10 days I hope I can eat barbecue ribs and eat anything, “he said.

The hospital said in a previous statement that Bolsonaro would be under surveillance as an outpatient. His medical team also advised him to go on a diet, but Bolsonaro said he might not obey.

“I try to obey, but I’m not an example for anyone when it comes to dieting,” he said.

The 66-year-old president was taken to São Paulo Hospital for treatment related to an obstructed intestine after knitting in 2018. He didn’t need surgery.

Bolsonaro said at a live online event on Saturday to commemorate the opening of the Caixa Economica bank branch in the northern part of the country that he was not good at getting back to work.

“I can’t wait to get back to work, meet my friends and really move Brazil,” Bolsonaro said.

Posted on