Chinese administration’s disinformation campaign on Uighur massacre unveiled


Recently, the Chinese Communist Party administration has arranged a series of promotional activities to refute the international community’s genocide accusations against ethnic minorities in the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region. However, it was later revealed by the outside world that the numbers used in the administration’s campaign were fake. Experts pointed out that the Chinese Communist Party’s (CCP) disinformation campaign on the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region is a political war, not a diplomacy.

March 29, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China Hosted “The 6th press conference by the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region on issues related to Xinjiang in Beijing.”

Several Uighurs were arranged to speak at a press conference to refute allegations of human rights abuses in concentration camps in the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region by Europe and the United States. But Dilxat Raxit, a spokesman for the World Uyghur Congress, said Said Radio Free Asia (RFA) said the speaker was a paid actor and the conference was a political show.

Tahiljan Tohti claimed to have completed education and training at the “Training Center” in Hotan, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.

He said the vocational education and training center was a school and “was there to learn national language, legal knowledge, vocational skills, deradical knowledge, etc.”

“Religious trainees were able to participate in regular religious activities at the mosque or at home,” Tohti said. Said media. “After finishing education and training, I opened a restaurant and a real estate company.”

Epoch Times Photo
Tahiljan Tohti at the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region Press Conference on March 29, 2021. (Screenshot of online video)

Raxit pointed out at a press conference that all so-called Uighur representatives spoke fluent Chinese. He asked, “Can you teach someone from scratch to speak this level of Chinese in 6 months or a year?”

He said Tohti appeared last year in another CCP promotional video with a completely different background.

On July 14, 2020, Torti was featured in the video “I’m in the South of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region-Music Restaurant Owner Tahiljan Torti” released by the state media Xinhua News Agency. In the video, Tohti talked about returning home to start a business. He made no mention of being at the Xinjiang Education and Training Center, but emphasized that he graduated from the prestigious Fudan University in Shanghai and attributed his success to it.

Epoch Times Photo
Tahiljan Tohti starred in a Xinhua video on July 14, 2020. (Screenshot of online video)

Raxit challenged the recent story of CCP presented through Tohti. “Did I still not understand Chinese after graduating from Fudan University and had to go to an education and training center to learn Chinese?” He asked. Mr. Luxit said he believed that the person was just a tentative actor and that his speech was a fraud made for international reporters.

Mr Luxit said the Chinese administration has repeatedly used the same Uighur actors. “China is under diplomatic pressure and must improvise quickly to respond to the accusations of the international community using non-expert actors. It exposes lies and deception at its own press conference. did. “

He also said that Uighurs elected by the administration to appear in the foreign propaganda do not have the right to refuse. They have no choice but to participate in this political show and deceive the outside world for their own safety and the safety of their families.

Raxit said the administration claimed they were “vocational training centers” when the Chinese government first responded to international criticisms of the alleged concentration camps. After that, I changed my mind to call them “education and training centers”. The administration sought to mislead the international community with a series of lies in order to systematically destroy the Uighurs and conceal the concentration camps used to carry out the genocide.

Last week, another fake promotional article was published by the CCP on the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.

The Chinese administration’s overseas mouthpiece CGTN has posted an article on its website written by “French journalist” Laurène Beaumond, who lives in Urumqi, in response to the deliberate community criticism of the Uighur slaughter in intensive camps.

French news agency Le Monde investigated the report and found that there was no one believed to be writing for CGTN by “French journalist” Lauren Beaumond in Urumqi.Le Monde Said The journalist was invented by CGTV.

CGTN’s broadcast license was revoked in February by UK regulators.But in March, France renewal A license for CGTN to continue broadcasting programs in Europe.

Jake Wallis and Albert Chan, International Relations Analysts, Center for International Cyber ​​Policy, Australian Strategic Policy Institute It pointed out “The Chinese Communist Party has begun increasingly bold and sophisticated information operations to form an international awareness of religious and ethnic minority treatment in the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region.”

They said the administration was telling false stories to deny human rights abuses and genocide charges through diplomats, national media, and international social media platforms.

The analyst warned: “Democratic states face diplomacy when party state officials, national media, and secret propaganda work in concert with economic coercion and sanctions to curb international criticism and preemptively censor. It must be understood that there is a salvo of political warfare undertaken by the CCP. “



Posted on