The artist’s sketch is widely believed to be the only surviving member of the group suspected of carrying out the attack during the verdict of the November 2015 Paris terrorist attacks in a court in Paris. Shows Sara Abdeslam, one of the people. June 29, 2022, Ile de la Cite, Paris (Elisabeth de Pourquery / France Televisions via Reuters)
Paris-Sara Abdeslam, the only survivor of the terrorist team who killed 130 people in a simultaneous terrorist attack in Paris, has not appealed his lifetime or conviction, opening the door to a second trial. The Court of Appeals in Paris said it was closed on Tuesday.
A French court convicted Abdeslam of terrorism and murder last month. The other 19 were convicted of helping organize the November 13, 2015 attack targeting Bataclan music halls, bars, restaurants and the Stade de France sports stadium.
The Paris Court of Appeals said in a statement that none of the 20 suspects had appealed the decision.
The man was sentenced to prison after a 10-month trial last month, and Abdeslam sentenced him to the harshest possible criminal sentence in the country, but there was no possibility of early release.
The ISIS terrorist group claims responsibility for the attack.