North Miami Beach, Florida (AP) — A North Miami Beach condominium evacuated last week from safety concerns until the Condominium Association submits a new 40-year recertification report addressing all structural and electrical issues. Must be free. I said on Thursday.
The building is about 5 miles (8 km) from the surfside. Champlan Towers South collapses On June 24, at least 60 people were killed and 80 were missing.
Audits prompted by the collapse showed 156 nearby units Crest View TowersIt was built in 1972, but was considered unsafe in January, officials said.
According to a document provided by the city, the Condominium Management Companies submitted a survey by an engineering company and an electrician on Monday, and the integrity of the building is a structural defect outlined in the certification report submitted by the association in January. Concluded that it was not compromised by. In a January report, engineers held by the board concluded that the building was structurally and electrically unsafe for residence.
The city said, “The document did not comply with the 40-year certification process and did not address the issues raised in the January 11, 2021 recertification report,” so two new condominium associations provided. He said he refused to investigate.
In addition, the city has released a copy of the current notice of the breach provided by the Miami-Dade Fire Rescue, noting that 18 code breaches are still pending.
Last week, Mayor Arthur H. Solei III said in a news release that Friday’s evacuation order came from “adequate caution.”
Crestview confirms that it has been the only building to evacuate since South Florida city officials began scrutinizing old skyscrapers in the wake of the surfside collapse, and substantial structural issues have not been ignored. I am.
Immediately after the evacuation order, the residents carried their suitcases to their cars and left the building. City officials said they were working with residents to find a home.