Montreal — Residents of the Northeastern Montreal Autonomous Region have stated that a bright red triple murder occurred during the daytime hours on Monday, but police have promised to completely weaken their power over the responsible person.
Montreal police received special resources from state police on Tuesday to investigate what is called an “unprecedented” shooting in an apartment building that left three dead and two injured. He said he was. Insp. David Shane says the “dozens of bullets” targeted five men known to the police, some inside the apartment and some outside the building. rice field.
Two of the victims were 29, a third was 63, and one of the dead had a firearm, Shane added. Shane said police were not afraid of the lives of the remaining two victims. He added that the bullet came from outside the building.
Shane said a serious criminal force was investigating with the help of state police. No arrests have been made.
“Criminal investigations … are getting more complicated year by year, and we need units that specialize in specific technologies, and these technologies take time,” he said. According to Shane, the investigation will use the “professional skills” of the Quebec police to strengthen Montreal’s forces.
However, local lawmaker Lisa Kristensen said in an interview Tuesday that residents are afraid of their lives due to recent shootings in the Riviere de Prairie Pointe au Trumble district. Some people living near the building thought the shooting was fireworks, she said. “It shocked everyone’s system.”
Jose Derisul, who has lived in the neighborhood, said the violence was too much for her. She said she wouldn’t go out at night anymore.
“I want to get out of here,” she said from her home to several buildings. “It’s my neighborhood, but I don’t feel safe in my neighborhood. It’s a lot of work and I’d like to move.”
Shane added that police provided motivation for shooting prematurely, “most of the violent crimes committed by guns are due to conflicts between criminal groups.”
According to Shane, the building aimed at Monday was also hit by a bullet on June 5, adding that no one was injured in the incident. Shane called the shooting on Monday around 7 pm “unprecedented and unacceptable in Montreal.”
Kristensen said the shootings made him more determined to fight back. “I live in the area and I’m not going to put my house up for sale tomorrow morning,” she said. “I was fortunate enough to live on the beautiful edge of the city … and I wouldn’t be driven into crime where I live. I’m going to push it back.
She realized that some people might be afraid to contact the police, but she said it could be important to provide a little information, even anonymously. .. “People don’t speak out because they’re afraid of retaliation, but the people around them talk to someone else and give them a message,” she said.
Shane said: “No information is too small to share. All information is important and all confiscated weapons are potential victims to be saved.”
Montreals have witnessed an increase in shootings in the city over the past few years. A 15-year-old girl was killed in February during a drive-by shooting in the autonomous region of Saint-Leonard, next to the area where the shooting took place on Monday. Later that month, city police created a unit designed to remove guns from the streets.
Caroline Bourgeois, a member of Montreal’s executive committee for public security, said 350 firearms had been confiscated in the city since January.
“Sufficient,” Shane told the person responsible for the attack on Monday. “From today, you carry all the power of the Montreal police.”
By Sidhartha Banerjee