New South Wales in a region freed from blockages


A week-long blockade of towns in three regional towns in New South Wales (NSW) has been lifted, freeing 60,000 people from stay-at-home orders.

According to Health, New South Wales, orders placed on the Orange City Council, Blayney Shire Council, and Cabonne Shire Council areas will be lifted on Wednesday at 12:01 am, as scheduled.

The town was suddenly closed on July 20 after a Sydney delivery driver infected a local factory worker and attended multiple venues.

“No more COVID-19 infections have been detected in this area,” said NSW Health.

This occurred after a 6-week COVID-19 cluster in Greater Sydney, and NSW reached a new milestone with 172 new locally acquired COVID-19 cases from 24 hours to 8 pm Monday. Later, 27 cases will increase from Monday.

At least 79 of those people were active in the community for all or part of the infection period.

Prime Minister Gladys Berejikrian said two women in their 80s died in Sydney on Monday after infecting their family contacts, confirming that neither woman had been vaccinated.

“Many people have died because someone very close to them brought their illness home … I don’t want to see it anymore,” he said.

She again encouraged people to play according to the rules and be vaccinated to protect their friends and family.

Ten people died during the outbreak that began in mid-June. They include a 38-year-old woman with no existing condition.

The number of COVID-19 patients in hospital is increasing rapidly, currently 169, up from 156 in the last 24 hours.

About 46 people are in the intensive care unit, 19 of whom are ventilated.

Ms Berejiklian said the virus is now more prevalent in western Sydney than in southwestern Sydney.

A high-rise condominium in western Sydney was blocked by police guards to carry out a two-week quarantine after six COVID-19s were detected in three related households in the building.

Approximately 100 people living in a five-story 50-unit building have been examined after the first case was diagnosed in a Blacktown building resident on Monday.

Authorities said they were “extremely concerned” about the block, but so far they are unaware of infections in more than three households, said Jeremy McCanarty of NSW Health.

All residents are considered intimate contact.

Authorities are working with residents to build controls to control infections and ensure their health and well-being.

“Food and other services, including daily welfare checks, are safely provided to residents during the 14-day quarantine period,” said Western Sydney Local Health District.

“Customized support services will be provided to all isolated residents as needed.”

One resident who has conducted negative tests so far said the building is surrounded by police, media camera crew, and security guards.

Blacktown is one of Sydney’s epicenters of COVID outbreaks, and non-essential workers cannot leave, even for work.

Two nurses and one student nurse working at Liverpool Hospital were also tested positive, as there are eight patients in the hospital. Patients transferred to Fairfield Hospital also tested positive.

A popular shopping center in southwestern Sydney has been worried by authorities after being listed as a close contact for 11 consecutive days.

According to Dr. McAnulty, several people from COVID-19 visited the Campsie Center shopping mall between July 14th and July 24th.

Greater Sydney and its surrounding areas have been blocked until at least July 30 as health officials fight to contain the outbreak of toxic Delta strains.

As soon as Wednesday, the Prime Minister promised to update what restrictions would apply after that date.

A complete list of NSW exposure sites can be found at