Nigerian terrorist warlords provide the truth after a hideout in the government bomb forest


The Nigerian Air Force used a recently acquired fighter-bomber to bomb the first hideout of a terrorist thief gang, urging gang warlords to release abductees and offer the government an offer of peace. ..

Two feared bandits, Kingpin, in Zamfara, who were injured in battle, have offered to call them quit if they can escape the long range of law.

Among them, 33-year-old Bello Turji, commander of at least 400 heavily armed robbery terrorists, has conquered more than 100 towns and villages in eastern Sokoto since mid-2021 and gave the community cash, produce, or Cow, the legislator reported in the Epoch Times.

Another thief looking for an exit is Alhaji Halilu, who directs a large gang network in the Midwest of Zamfara. Both are in talks with government officials on conditional amnesty, Luffy told the Epoch Times.

For more than two weeks in December and January, the Nigerian Air Force bombed several forest hideouts of 17 major bandits that had long terrorized the states of Sokoto, Zamfara, and Kaduna.

One of the youngest warlords, Turji addressed a three-page open letter to President Muhammad Buhari, Governor Belo Matawale of Zamfara, and Chief of Shinkafi.

Epoch Times Photo
A transcribed handwritten letter of Belo Turgi requesting an amnesty. (Murtala Ahmed Rufa’i)

It is believed that Turji and most of his soldiers are illiterate, but a handwritten letter of his name dated December 14, 2021 states that if his dissatisfaction is remedied, he will put his arm on his arm. Provide to the Sokoto authorities governing the abandonment. According to Rufa’i, an authority on robbery gangs, his amnesty proposal is being considered by the governing authorities of Nigeria. The letter was dictated by Turji and written by a literate member of his gang, he told The Epoch Times.

According to Rufai’s book, “I Ama Bandit,” the armed struggle between land-owning peasants and semi-nomads triggered the emergence of large bandits 13 years ago. The agricultural community protected itself from thieves by organizing local militias called “vigilants.” In his letter, Turji offers that vigilants disarm only if their weapons also surrender.

“Once the government disbands our vigilance, we will put all our weapons in the grace of God,” Turji writes.

The thief leader represents himself on behalf of all thief gangs and proposes a spectacular peace talk.

“We would like to meet with the leaders of this country and the respected Islamic clergy across the country. If this happened, I, Muhammed Bello Tuluji Kakara, was used for terrorism. We promise to retrieve all weapons and hand them over to Nigerian authorities, “the letter said.

Turji may talk about 400 to 2,000 criminals, but many gangs spread to five northwestern states, answering more than 10,000 other warlords.

Tuluji, who expelled numerous village leaders as the captain of his own bandits, also claims that he will not challenge Nigerian authorities at the federal or state level.

“We guarantee we are not fighting the government,” Turji writes.

Truzi terrorist gangs are most famous for setting up obstacles to abduct drivers for ransom.

In late November 2021, the Nigerian Ministry of Justice declared that thieves would fall into the category of terrorists, allowing the government to bomb gangs with the A-29 Super Tucano turboprop bomber recently acquired from the United States. did.

Earlier on January 1, the Nigerian Air Force went on strike in the village of Thamre in Birnin Magaji County, on the eastern tip of Zamfara, killing two of Tuluji’s fellow warlords, Al Hajiauta and Kachararga. did. Dozens of bandits were killed at Kingpin’s funeral on the same day, according to Nigerian media.

Epoch Times Photo
Beloturji, a thief warrior who relaxed in the shade in Sokoto’s Savonbilni County in 2021. (Courtesy: Mamman Bashar Konoma)

“The tide is against thieves,” says David Otto, a London-based defense consultant for the Nigerian army.

“We are looking at two measures of success,” says Otto. First, we see the decapitation of the bandit leader, and second, we see the large number of abductees unconditionally released by the bandits, “he said. “That’s why Bello Turji called for negotiations, but the opinion of the top forces is that the time for negotiations is over,” Otto said.

On January 3, police said, “At least 97 abducted victims were rescued by a joint police and vigilance unit when they attacked the Kunchinkargo Forest in Tosafe County.”

Rufa’i challenges that claim.

“All the kidnapped people were voluntarily released by Turji,” he said.

Victims were reportedly taken from their village in Gusau. [County] It was held in East Zamfara for more than 60 days. Police identified the kidnapped Kingpin, who detained the victims, as the Alhazia allele, who regularly visited the village of Yankzo in Chafe County, Zamfara.

According to Rufa’i’s research, Alleru specializes in the murder, abduction, purchase, resale and rape of other gang abductees. The neighboring Katsina government has declared that he wants and provided a bounty of 5 million naira ($ 12,000) for information about his whereabouts, but he is attending an event in Yankzo. Was observed.

The bombing operation has been praised by the governors of northern Nigeria, including Governor Nacil El Rufay of Kaduna, who told Arise TV on January 3 to urge “carpet bombing of bandit hideouts in the woods.” increase.

“These bandits are active in the area because their hiding place is in the woods. That’s a big problem,” El-Rufai said.

The governor admitted that innocent citizens would be killed by such measures, but nevertheless urged tactics.

“I always believed that the forest should be carpet bombed. You can replant the trees later. Let’s carpet the forest and bomb everything,” Ellufay said.

Douglas Burton

follow

Douglas Burton is a former US State Department employee stationed in Kirkuk, Iraq.He writes news and commentary from Washington DC