North Korea confirms launch of four missiles


North Korea has confirmed the launch of four missiles this week, including an upgraded long-range cruise missile system and surface-to-ground tactical guided missiles, state media reported Friday.

Two long-range cruise missiles were launched on Tuesday over the Sea of ​​Japan, also known as the Sea of ​​Japan, attacking a target island 1,800 kilometers (1,118 miles) away. State media Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) Said In that report.

KCNA also said North Korea launched two tactical guided missiles on Thursday, valuing the “traditional warhead explosive power” of the tactical guided missiles.

South Korea’s co-staff previously reported that two ballistic missiles were launched from Hamhung, Pyongyang on Thursday, traveling from about 190 kilometers (118 miles) to a maximum altitude of 20 kilometers (12 miles). It also detected two cruise missiles launched off the east coast of South Korea on Tuesday.

North Korean Prime Minister Kim Jong Un is reported to have visited a munitions factory that manufactures KCNA, the country’s “main weapon system.” Said In another report on Friday, without specifying the factory date or location.

The report argues that Kim praised the factory for “collective innovation and improvement in the production of major weapons” and emphasized the factory’s important role in the modernization of the defense sector.

Pyongyang conducted six missile tests this month, including two recent launches. Two of the missile tests prior to January 5 and January 11 included hypersonic missiles, one of which was described as having “excellent maneuverability.”

US Ambassador to the United States Linda Thomas Greenfield issued a joint statement on January 20 on behalf of eight countries: the United States, Albania, Brazil, France, Ireland, Japan, the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom. To be unified by condemning Pyongyang’s “illegal acts”.

They called on the Council Committee to support UN sanctions on those who support North Korea’s weapons program, and warned that not doing so would be equivalent to giving Pyongyang a “blank check.”

Mark Lambert, Assistant Secretary of State for Japan and South Korea, said Washington “very clearly” to Pyongyang that it holds “no reservations” for denuclearization negotiations.

“We need to seriously discuss the denuclearization of North Korea. If North Korea is willing to do so, all sorts of promising things can happen,” Yonhap News Agency said Wednesday. report..

The Byden administration said dialogue with North Korea was always open without preconditions, but authoritarian states must withdraw from North Korea before resuming negotiations, such as military training and sanctions. He accused Washington of having a “hostile policy” of.

Aldograph Redley

follow

Aldgra Fredly is a Malaysia-based freelance writer featuring the Epoch Times Asia Pacific News.