Parole Board Recommends Indictment Against Sex Offender Hopley Who Kidnapped BC Boy

More than four years after convicted sex offender Randall Hopley served time in prison for kidnapping a boy in British Columbia, a parole board accused him of failing to comply with a supervisory order. I recommend prosecuting him.

The National Parole Board said in a statement that recommendations for criminal charges would be forwarded to the Attorney General of B.C. that Hopley was using a computer in a public library less than a meter away from a group of children. He claims that it happened.

Hopley kidnapped a 3-year-old boy in southeastern BC in 2011 and launched a nationwide search, only to return four days later apparently unharmed.

The 57-year-old served a full term in office until October 2018, but the board decided Monday that he was an untreated sex offender with a high risk of recidivism, requiring a long-term surveillance order. said.

The board also extended the long-term supervision order for another year and placed Hopley in a residential facility under various conditions, including compliance with the curfew and not being near children.

The board’s decision states that Hopeley did not seem to understand that he had done something wrong at the library and lied to the case management team about the incident.

According to reports, Hopley needs structure, support and supervision at the residential facility where he lives.

“Your release in the community has been marred by suspensions and violations, and you do not appear to understand or be aware of your risk level. did not provide a valid explanation,” the judge said.

The board said it determined that the long-term supervision order should be reinstated for another year because Hopley is still at great risk.

“To date, no adequate surveillance program has been established that adequately protects society from the risk of recidivism.”

In 2011, Hopley took the boy out of his parents’ house and locked him in a shed for four days.

He then took the child back to his home and called the police to tell them where the boy was.

The parole board said there was no victim statement on file from the family, but that “serious harm occurred.”

canadian press