President Joe Biden denied reports on Thursday that the administration tried to allow the Taliban to enter Kabul’s international airport by giving it a list of the names of American citizens, green cardholders and Afghan allies. There wasn’t. ..
“Our troops have contacted Taliban soldiers and said that this bus is passing … It consists of the following groups … I want them to pass through that bus or that group.” And Biden Said at a press conference.. “Yes, I had such an opportunity.”
The president added that, as far as he knows, the “bulk” of the group has “passed” and it cannot be “certainly” said that there was a list of names passed to the Taliban terrorist group. It seized control of Afghanistan on August 15.
After a while, he turned back, saying, “It could have happened very well.”
The president responded to the following report PoliticoPublished Thursday, quoting secret US and Congressional officials. Nameless sources claim the move was designed to facilitate the evacuation of tens of thousands of people from Afghanistan following the Taliban takeover.
The report’s allegations were exposed to intense criticism, and some called the alleged list a “murder list,” as defense officials explained in Politico’s report.
“Absolutely Reckless and Horrible,” Senator Marsha Blackburn, Tennessee Written on twitter.. “The Biden administration gave the Taliban a murder list while lying to us. They said they didn’t have details about all the names and whereabouts. Everyone involved resigned. Must be impeached. “
“US officials leaned on the Taliban for security by giving them a list of Americans and Afghans who had been evacuated.” Added Congressman Andy Biggs (Republican). “Once again, US authorities have commissioned the Taliban to list the killings of Americans and Afghanistan.”
The news is in the midst of reports that terrorist groups are searching for “cooperators” in Afghanistan on a door-to-door canvassing. According to the United Nations Threat Assessment Report BBCThe Taliban conducts “targeted visits” to those who have worked with the US and NATO forces.
“There are so many individuals currently targeted by the Taliban and the threat is very obvious,” Christian Nelemann, who heads the group behind the report, the Norwegian Global Analysis Center, told the BBC.
“The Taliban have stated in writing that they will arrest, prosecute, cross-examine and punish their families on their behalf unless they succumb.”
Neleman warned of the mass slaughter, emphasizing that anyone on the Taliban’s blacklist is at serious risk.
Separately on Thursday, Marine Corps commander General Kenneth F. McKenzie, Jr., said at a news conference that the U.S. military had shared “information with the Taliban” to prevent attacks.
“We share a version of this information with the Taliban, so they can actually search there for us. And some attacks were thwarted by them and we I believe, “he said. “We have reduced the information we provide to the Taliban. They do not have all the information we have, but enough information to act in time and space to prevent these attacks. Provides. “
Earlier in the day, he spoke in response to an attack by a suicide bomber, killing 13 US troops and injuring more than 12 others. ISIS has claimed responsibility for the attack.
McKenzie told reporters that he hoped that such attacks would continue and that the US military was doing everything possible to prepare for these attacks.
“This includes contacting the Taliban, which actually provides external security around the airfield, to ensure that we know what we expect to protect us. We will continue to coordinate with them, “he said.