The Bahamas Sandals Resort, where three American tourists were found dead earlier this month, released carbon monoxide detectors after authorities said their cause of death was odorless gas. I confirmed that it was installed in the room.
“Despite initial speculation, Bahamian authorities have said that the cause is one independent structure that accommodates two separate rooms and has nothing to do with the resort’s air conditioning system, food and beverage services, landscaping services, or fraud. Concluded that it was an isolated incident, “Sandals said in. statement To the press this week.
Michael Phillips, 68, and Robbie Phillips, 65, along with 68-year-old Vincent Chiarella, died of carbon monoxide poisoning a few weeks ago, officials said. Chiarella’s wife, Donis, was hospitalized, the family said.
“Ensuring the safety and well-being of our guests and team members is always a top priority, so we take additional steps, such as hiring an environmental safety expert to comprehensively review the entire resort’s system. I took it, “continues the statement of sandals.
“In addition, the CO detector is currently installed in all rooms in Sandals Emerald Bay and is not required at any destination in the Caribbean, but will be installed in all rooms throughout the portfolio,” he added. I did.
None of the three Americans who died showed signs of trauma, according to the Bahamian Royal Police in a statement in early May. Officials are also fouling.
“Some investigations are still underway at Sandals Resort. Dr. Michael Durville, Minister of Health of the Bahamas, told Eyewitness News.
Archipelagic officials “willingly support those who want to reach the bottom of their loved ones’ death,” Durville said. “So those demands are being enjoyed. At this point, I don’t know exactly where they are.”
The US State Department said in early May that it was monitoring the investigation.
The Chiarella couple, their sons, told local media that they were in the Bahamas to celebrate their wedding anniversary. Austin said that on the day Vincent Chiarella was found dead, Donis Chiarella woke up and found that “she couldn’t move” and her husband was “lying on the floor.” Chiarella said.
His mother’s “feet and arms [were] Swollen, she couldn’t move and shouted to bring someone to the door, “he added.
A spokesman for HCA Florida Kendall Hospital in Miami, where Donis Chiarella was being treated, told Fox News that she was discharged earlier in the week.