Names such as Walton, Mars, Koch, and Hermes are only part of the list of the wealthiest families in the world.
By entrepreneurial staff
Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk and Bernard Arnault now dominate the rankings of the world’s greatest millionaires. But when we talk about the whole family, the list changes completely. As Bloomberg reported, the total wealth of the 25 wealthiest families in the world increased by 22% last year, and the new list is led by Wal-Mart, the owner of Wal-Mart, the world’s largest retail chain.
An agency specializing in monitoring the planet’s fortunes estimates that the Waltons have a fortune of $ 238.2 billion. This corresponds to the gross domestic product (GDP) of countries such as Ecuador, Puerto Rico and Paraguay.
Entrepreneur Sam Walton founded Wal-Mart in 1962, and today his descendants hold a 48 percent stake in the retail and wholesale giant. The chain has more than 10,500 stores worldwide and is expected to generate $ 559 billion annually.
Bloomberg’s ranking includes a total of 25 families, with an estimated total wealth of approximately $ 1.7 trillion. Since August 2020, these families have added a total of $ 312 billion to their property, an increase of 22 percent over the previous year.
These are the wealthiest families in the world:
1. The Walton family, owners of Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, Bodega Aurela and Super Amateur stores. Fortune: $ 238.2 billion.
2. The Mars family, which is the owner of Mars food manufacturers, including brands such as Milky Way, M & M’s, Skittles, Snickers, Royal Canin, Wiscus, and Pedigree. Fortune: $ 141.9 billion.
3. The Koch family, the owner of the American petrochemical company Koch Industries. Fortune: $ 124.4 billion.
4. The Hermès family, the owner of Hermès, a French fashion house specializing in luxury clothing, accessories and watches. Fortune: $ 111.6 billion.
5. The Arsaud family, the royal family of Saudi Arabia. Good luck: $ 100 billion.
6. The Ambani family, the owner of Reliance Industries, an Indian oil refining and production holding company. Good luck: $ 93.7 billion.
7. The Wertheimer family owns the French fashion house Chanel. Good luck: $ 61.8 billion.
8. Johnson family, owner of Fidelity Investments, a US asset management company. Good luck: $ 61.2 billion.
9. The Thomson family, the owner of the Thomson Reuters media company. Good luck: $ 61.1 billion.
10. Boehringer Ingel The Boehringer Ingel family, the owner of a German pharmaceutical company in Heim. Fortune: $ 59.2 billion.
The Lauder family of luxury cosmetics company Estee Lauder debuted in 13th place for $ 49.3 billion.
The Quant family, which owns the car maker BMW, was 16th with $ 42.3 billion, and the Hyatt hotel chain owner Pritzkers was 23rd with a net worth of $ 35.3 billion.
The list includes the Ferrero Chocolate family ($ 33.8 billion) and Johnson, the owner of Home SC Johnson’s giant product.