The website of GiveSendGo, which hosts the Freedom Convoy fundraiser, was reportedly hacked.


The website of GiveSendGo, the crowdfunding platform used by Freedom Convoy to fund protests against COVID-19’s obligations and restrictions, appears to have been frozen and hacked.

In a series of posts on the night of February 13, The Daily Dot reporter Mikael Thalen tweeted that the GiveSendGo website was redirected to the domain GiveSendGone.wtf.

A clip of the Disney movie “Frozen 2” was briefly displayed on the main page, and the manifest scrolled through the video to blame the truck driver for protesting the platform.

As of noon on February 14, when I visit the website, I see a blank page that says “The application is under maintenance. I’ll be back soon.”

At the same time, Taren said, “We also leaked a file that allegedly contained the names of tens of thousands of people who donated to Freedom Convoy,” but had not yet confirmed.

Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) for leak sites Website It contains 30 megabytes of donor information from GiveSendGo, including name, email address, zip code, and internet protocol address.

In June 2020, a US Department of Homeland Security document was labeled DDoS.Crime hacker groupAfter their hacking operations targeted federal, state, and local law enforcement databases, authorities speculated that they supported George Floyd’s posthumous national protests.

The Epoch Times asked GiveSend Go for comment, but did not respond by the time it was published.

Freedom Convoy began as a demonstration by a truck driver who opposed the COVID-19 vaccine obligation for cross-border travel and drove from different parts of Canada to Ottawa on January 29. The government lifts all federal COVID-19 obligations.

Since then, protests have become a larger movement, with supporters across Canada participating to oppose various COVID-19 obligations and restrictions. It also triggered parallel protests at border crossings in Alberta, Manitoba, and Ontario.

The convoy organizers initially set up a fundraiser to provide truck drivers with food, fuel and accommodation through the platform GoFundMe. By February 1, the fundraiser received more than $ 10 million in donations, Canada’s second largest.

As of February 2, GoFundMe released $ 1 million to the organizers, but the personal account to which the money was distributed was later frozen by the Toronto-Dominion Bank. On February 4, GoFundMe announced that it would stop paying and send money to other charities instead. After that, he announced that if he changed the course on February 5, the funds would be automatically refunded to the donors.

Following the announcement of GoFundMe, protesters have set up a new campaign at GiveSendGo. By February 10, Freedom Convoy 2022 had raised $ 8.4 million and Adopt-a-Trucker had raised more than $ 686,000 on the new platform.

The Ontario government then succeeded in issuing a court order on February 10 to freeze all donations to truck drivers protesting at GiveSend Go.

“Today, the Attorney General has applied to the High Court for an order under Article 490.8 of the Criminal Code, which prohibits anyone from making donations in any way, in any way. Freedom Convoy 2022 and The Adopt-a-Trucker Campaign Page for the GiveSendGo Online Financing Platform ”and a statement released by the Premier Doug Ford office on February 10th.

“This afternoon, an order was issued that binds all parties who own or control these donations.”

In a statement on February 13, the convoy organizer stated that “any of the money” donated to the group via either GoFundMe or GiveSendGo had previously been inaccessible to the group.

“The trackers on the ground have relied on collecting donations from the crowds of people who come to Ottawa every day,” the statement said.

“It’s the strength of the trucker’s determination to see them unwavering and determined to keep the line, despite the financial hurdles the government continues to throw at them. Incredible evidence. “

Canadian Press, Reuters, and Mimi Nguyen Ly contributed to this report.

Isaac Theo

follow

Isaac Teo is a Toronto-based Epoch Times reporter.



Posted on