Times Square AK-47 had just lost his father in a police shootout

YouTube / CBS via New York

YouTube / CBS via New York

Ohio teen father Arrested for AK-47 style assault rifle on Friday Police sources said they were killed in a gun battle with police officers last month after escaping a busy interstate highway in the wrong way at a Times Square subway station. Include New York post And NBC News..

More about Saadiq Teague’s father came up as questions swirled about what the 18-year-old kid was doing in New York City and why he had a weapon. Police have so far released few details about the youth’s plans and his possible motives, and further investigations are underway.

In early March, Columbus police attempted to arrest Sadik’s father, Andrew Teague, on a warrant of violent assault.According to court documents cited at the time By local NBC affiliate WCMH, Teague was wanted in the February 2nd case. In this case, he allegedly fired more than 12 bullets at his brother.

Around 3:00 pm on March 5th. Columbus police officer tried to pull Teague In his car, but he tried to overtake them. The Columbus PD helicopter tracked Teague for over an hour after the supervisor instructed the police to stop tracking. When the sheriff’s adjutant was pulled up behind the stopped Teague, he made a U-turn to board the I-287 and drove against the flow of traffic at a maximum speed of 85 mph. A few minutes later, Teague hit the car head-on, took note of the other two cars, and finally stopped.

“My adrenaline was in a terrible hurry,” said Jeffrey Scales, one of the drivers. Told WSYX.. “My first instinct was to get out of the car before it exploded … I couldn’t really get out of the front door. The side of the car was peeled off and I had to get out of the back seat. It was. “

The scales and people in the other two vehicles did not suffer life-threatening injuries.

At that point, Teague escaped from his car and walked on the shoulders of the interstate highway. Police officers said they fired when Teague crouched as if he was about to start shooting them. He was sentenced to death after a while.

Jim Gilbert, Deputy Secretary of the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office, recovered the weapon at what Teague believed he had. Said at a press conference At the time.

The cousin said Teague was on parole at the time. PositionSaid that his parole had driven him “to the edge”. “He went out the only way he could,” said his cousin.

Less than six weeks after Teague’s death, his teenage son made his own headline of law violations.

Saadiq Teague was arrested around 12:30 pm on April 16 by the NYPD Transit Officer on patrol at the Times Square subway station after discovering him on an AK-47. Police said Teague was sitting quietly with his rifle aside to charge his cell phone.

The rifle was unloaded, but authorities later admitted that Teague had a magazine and gas mask fully loaded in his backpack, which was part of Bonn found in a teenage hotel room. I said it might be. Teague reportedly told police that it would be legal to carry unloaded weapons in New York City if the ammunition was stored separately. According to police, Teague was visiting the city with a friend.A video posted on the young man’s Instagram page showed him walking around the city With AK sticking out of the backpack.. Other clips seemed to show that Teague and another were harassing a sleeping subway rider, slapping one and throwing water at another.

“This story could have had a tragicly different ending, but thanks to these hard-working police officers, it ends with a handcuffed suspect,” said NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea. Tweet After the arrest of Saadiq Teague.

The story of Sadik certainly had a happier ending than the story of his father, who was known to his family and friends as Drew.

“Looking back at Andrew and his life, we see that every relationship is one of its own.” An obituary was posted on the funeral page For Andrew Teague. “He gives this hidden gift that makes people feel that he is the only one filling his heart, unaware that there are many special areas in his heart just for each of us. Seems to have … Andrew was a vibrant and excited talk about family-owned erection business. He talked about mentoring and re-immigration programs, graphic arts and printing. All family In the name. Unfortunately, this misfortune physically removed him from the plan, but not the plan itself. “

Ann Online fundraising Teague’s family set up to help pay for funeral expenses, falling short of the $ 5,000 target and raising only $ 475. “I would like to give Drew a worthy monument, honor his memory and say goodbye to the end.”

For more information, see The Daily Beast.

Put your top stories in your inbox every day. Sign up now!

The Daily Beast Membership: Beast Inside digs deeper into the stories that matter to you. learn more.