Former President Donald Trump on Saturday denied reports that his personal plane was “mothball” in New York and called the story “fake news.”
Trump’s personal Boeing 757 was a feature of the 2016 campaign, but last year Reported Playing in a devastated state in New York.
But the former president disputed Saturday’s news, Daily mail He didn’t believe he needed to fly until 2025, the year after the next presidential election.
“This story is fake news that the plane was” mothball “at Stewart Airport in Newburgh, New York,” Trump said in a statement. “I didn’t think it would be needed until 2025,” he said.
“My plane, the Boeing 757, has a major routine maintenance program that will be completed in about 90 days,” he added. “Then it will be returned to service. I wasn’t allowed to use it during my presidency, and I didn’t.”
This comes after Trump earlier this week Requested donation In an email sent through his Save America PAC to help fund the “Trump Force One” plane.
The fundraising email claims that Trump made “a very important update on his plane,” and before he became “the greatest president of all time,” he was called “Trump Force One.” It reminded potential donors that they had traveled by plane.
Last week, a private plane carrying playing cards Emergency landing After he appeared at the Donor Retreat in New Orleans hosted by the Republican National Committee, after one of the engines broke down. The plane was reportedly returned to his Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida at the time of the incident.