Los Angeles — Two people were arrested in a gun-shot death of a six-year-old boy. Road Rage Incident on a Southern California Highway, The California Highway Patrol announced on Sunday.
CHP said in a news release that the suspects identified as Ellis Markus Anthony, 24 and Lee Win, were arrested at their home in Costa Mesa, California. It wasn’t disclosed, but it was revealed after the reward for the information reached $ 500,000.
According to CHP, the two are expected to be charged with murder.
“Indescribable concerns and hundreds of hints” helped investigators find the suspect, said Omar Watson, chief of the CHP Border Agency.
Investigators were looking for a white Volkswagen after the May 21 shooting on the 55 Freeway in Orange County.
On the way to kindergarten, the boy Aiden Leo said a man in another car fired at a car driven by his mother, Joanna Krunan.
Aiden, sitting in the booster seat, told her mother that her “tummy” was hurt by the bullet.
The CHP said there was a “certain road rage incident” involving Krunan and another driver before the shooting.
The initial $ 50,000 compensation for conviction-leading information had risen to $ 500,000 by last week.
Todd Spitzer, District Attorney for Orange County, described the shooting as a “runaway on the street” and said the killing “has devastated our entire community.”
“Six-year-old Aiden should have been in kindergarten today, but instead his family is preparing for tomorrow’s funeral,” Spitzer said last week.
Andrew Blankstein reported from Los Angeles and Tim Stelloh from Northern California.