Two disturbances are in the Atlantic Ocean. 70% chance of getting one


The National Hurricane Center estimates that one of them is likely to be a storm system by the end of next week, and one of them is likely to be nothing.

Disturbance No. 1

The disruption in the eastern Atlantic, hundreds of miles south of the Cape Verde Islands, has a 30% chance of becoming a tropical cyclone by Tuesday, but a 70% chance by Friday.

As for where it’s headed, the NHC predicts a westward swing followed by a “northwest or northerly turn over the eastern tropical Atlantic towards the end of the week.”

In other words, it is unlikely to affect Florida at this time.

As of Sunday morning, there are two disruptions in the Atlantic Ocean.

As of Sunday morning, there are two disruptions in the Atlantic Ocean.

Disturbance No. 2

The disturbance is expected to move west at 15 to 20 miles per hour, east of the Windward Islands. There’s a 10% chance of a tropical storm by Tuesday, and only a 20% chance by Friday.