After suicide bombers and shooters launched an assault in Kabul on Thursday At least 13 U.S. forces Dozens of Afghan civilians have died, and U.S. Central Command chief Kenneth F. McKenzie Jr. “Stopped” some attacks In Afghanistan since effectively controlling the government earlier this month.
A group of Islamic State debris in Afghanistan, known as ISIS-K, is responsible for the attack on Thursday. ISIS-K and the Taliban are rivals, and the ISIS-K believes the Taliban are too moderate.
Mackenzie told reporters that the United States is using helicopters, drones and other aircraft to monitor the Kabul crowd while the Taliban set up checkpoints and boundaries outside the city’s airport. Told. The United States shares a threat assessment with the Taliban leaders, and after a deadly attack on Thursday, authorities requested the Taliban to close roads to prevent car bombs, he said.
US troops killed on Thursday are searching for Afghans trying to evacuate the country, and Mackenzie praised their efforts. “This is a close-up task,” he said. “The breath of the person you are looking for depends on you. We are watching, but we still need to touch the clothes of the incoming person. The courage and dedication needed to do this job. I think you can understand, and do it many times. “
You may like it too
Naked baby chasing money on Nirvana’s iconic “Nevermind” album cover suing band for child pornography
Actor suspected of participating in a parliamentary attack arrested in California
Serena Williams withdraws from the US Open to “allow my body to heal completely” from a torn hamstring