U.S. forces deny that Syrian U.S. forces have been attacked



Beirut — A U.S. military containment facility in eastern Syria was attacked late Sunday when a rocket was launched from a nearby area, with opposition war monitors, state media, and U.S. military support fighter spokesmen. The US military denied that there was an attack, but.

“There is no truth to the report that US troops in Syria were attacked by rockets today,” coalition spokesman Colonel Wayne Marott wrote on Twitter.

Last Sunday, U.S.-backed and Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Army spokesman Siyamend Ali said two rockets had been launched without casualty in Al-Omarfield, Deir ez-Zor, eastern Syria. .. He added that it was not immediately clear where the rocket was launched.

The UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said the rocket was launched from an area controlled by Iran-backed fighters in the Maya Dean area of ​​Deir ez-Zor.

SANA, a Syrian state news agency, also reported that the Al-Omar facility was attacked by two rockets.

Late Sunday, the Syrian Democratic Forces denied reports that another base containing U.S. forces had been attacked, saying the sound of an explosion at a facility known as Konoko was from live ammunition training. did.

The alleged rocket attack on Al-Omar occurred six days after a similar attack on US troops in eastern Syria. Last week’s attack was a facility used by a group of Iranian-backed militia by the Pentagon to support a drone strike in Iraq the day after a U.S. Air Force plane bombed near the Iraqi-Syrian border. It happened to what was said.

Hundreds of US troops are stationed in northeastern Syria and are working with the Syrian Democratic Forces to fight ISIS terrorist groups.

Thousands of Iranian-backed fighters from all over the Middle East are deployed in various parts of Syria, many of which are located along the Iraqi border.

Iran-backed fighters joined President Bashar Assad’s army in a decade of conflict in Syria.Their presence helped to balance the forces in favor of Assad.

Posted on