U.S. forces supporting evacuation in Afghanistan
John Kirby: “The President ordered a reduction in civilians at our embassy in Kabul.” The United States urged US citizens to leave Afghanistan soon on Thursday, and Tullivan fighters spoke to their Pentagon. Mann, John Kirby, said the United States will send an additional 3,000 troops to Afghanistan within the next 24 to 48 hours to assist the airport. attack? Kirby: “Our commander has the right to self-defense, and attacks on our army will be filled with prompt and appropriate responses.” Of the embassy drawdown first reported by Reuters. The news is one of the most worrisome. Signs of the Biden administration about the security situation and the failure of the Afghan government to protect major cities. On Thursday, the country’s second and third largest cities were on the verge of being captured by the Taliban. On the same day, a group of militants also built a foothold in the strategic city of Ghazni, about 90 miles from Kabul. Ned Price: “This is not an abandonment. This is not an evacuation.” State Department spokesman Ned Price said Thursday that the Kabul embassy remained open, but staff were “core diplomatic beings.” Insisted that it shrink to. Price: “This is to do everything possible to ensure the safety and security of our staff in reducing the size of the footprints of civilians in Kabul.” Previously noticed on the embassy website. Encourages US citizens to leave the country immediately with available commercial flight options due to deteriorating security conditions. Meanwhile, US military missions in Afghanistan are scheduled to end on August 31, and there are currently about 650 troops in the country to protect the airport and embassy. It ended in 90 years.