Ukraine bans men aged 18-60 from leaving the country: official


Ukrainian officials announced late Thursday that they have banned men between the ages of 18 and 60 from leaving the country after Russia invaded earlier that day.

Lviv Regional Customs Director Daniel Menskov posted an “urgent message” To Facebook According to the translation, “Because of the military nation, men aged 18 to 60 who are Ukrainian citizens will not be released outside our state.”

He added: “Don’t panic or try to cross the border yourself. We have victory! Glory to Ukraine!”

According to the Ukrainian army, the country began hiring reserve forces during those ages.

“We are handing out weapons, and we will continue to do so to those who seek it to protect our sovereignty,” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said on social media. “Our future depends on all our citizens.”

As of Thursday afternoon, Ukrainian health minister Ole Ryashko said the country’s death toll had risen to 57 and at least 169 were injured. However, the numbers will definitely rise as the video footage shows Russian and Ukrainian troops fighting in several different cities and regions.

The United Nations has confirmed that more than 100,000 people are internally displaced persons in Ukraine.

“There was a lot of evacuation in the country. It seems that more than 100,000 people have moved across the border to escape security violence,” Matthew Saltmarsh, a spokesman for the UN refugee sector, told the press. “. “And there was a move towards and across the border. But the situation is still chaotic and evolving rapidly.”

Russian President Vladimir Putin declared war in a speech aired before dawn, and at about the same time, explosions and shootings were heard throughout Ukraine, including near Kiev. The assault has brought a disastrous end to weeks of fruitless diplomatic efforts by Western leaders to avoid the war.

Putin justified his actions by arguing that an attack on Ukraine was needed to protect civilians in the eastern separatist region near the Russian border. Western officials said Putin’s allegations were false and described Russia’s aggression as a “war of choice.”

President Putin reminded the world of Russia’s vast nuclear weapons and warned that “a direct attack on our country should not doubt that it could lead to the destruction of potential invaders and terrifying consequences.”

On Thursday, Russia and Ukraine made competing claims about the damage they inflicted. The Russian Defense Ministry said it destroyed a number of Ukrainian Air Force bases, military facilities and drones. He blamed the “pilot error”, confirmed the loss of one of the Su-25 attack aircraft, and stated that a technical failure caused the An-26 transport to crash and kill all crew members. I didn’t know how many people were on board.

Russia claimed it did not target cities, but journalists saw destruction in many private areas.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Jack phillips

follow

Jack Phillips is the latest news reporter for The Epoch Times, based in New York.

Posted on