“We are going to have a bad day”

Florida police suspected something was wrong and staked out the house.

The 911 operator received a “possible battery” call at approximately 6:15 am on February 2, according to the Cape Coral Police Department’s arrest affidavit.

When officers arrived at the residence, they knocked on the door and rang the doorbell “several times” in an attempt to contact the caller, but received no response.

Officers then performed residence checks, but were unable to determine if anyone was home or still asleep.

“No signs of distress were observed,” the report said, and the officers left.

READ MORE: Florida man arrested for attacking ATM with hammer

A little over an hour later, I received another emergency call from a woman who said she had called before and needed immediate help.

Officers returned to the house and waited outside to see if anyone was coming or going. At about 8:15 a.m., he wrote that he observed the garage door open and a woman coming out of the garage. Officers approached her in a patrol car and told her they were investigating “her possible mayhem.”

The woman said her boyfriend had been “beating her all night” and woke up warning her that “today is going to be a bad day.”

READ MORE: Florida woman continues attack in bar, police say

This wasn’t the first time the two had met violently, according to the complaint. The woman also alleged that a few days earlier, on January 31, while arguing in her living room, her boyfriend (later identified as Sean Raines) attacked her with a mallet and cut her head. He said he hit me in the middle.

The victim reported that her head “started to bleed,” and Raines told her, “I’m not taking you to the hospital, you better stop the bleeding.” After that, he took a shower.

Later, another Cape Coral police officer arrived to interview the defendant, who said he did not know why the police had been called because the two had not even argued. A friend said he may have an active protection order against him.

In fact, according to Dispatch, the victim had issued a court order against Reigns.

Officers were able to see a bloody laceration on the woman’s crown with a mallet and a “fresh bruise” from being hit by the defendant earlier in the day. She also showed “the location of the attack and the blood stains.”

The mallet was all presented as evidence, along with photographs of the injuries and crime scene, according to the report.

The victim was provided information of domestic violence and Raines was arrested for presumed reasons after being handcuffed. The 36-year-old faces multiple charges, including aggravated battery with a lethal weapon, kidnapping/wrongful imprisonment, and violating a restraining order.

he remain in detentionwith a court date set for February 20.